Community Tool Box WorkStations
Work stations provide integrated supports for building capacity, documenting and evaluating efforts, and co-learning within and among community initiatives. They provide online access to support tools, shared materials, contacts, success stories, expert guidance, and participatory evaluation and reporting tools.
The enhanced WorkStations include different features to support your work, including:
- Document-sharing library and check-out system to post and collaborate on documents
- Contacts and photo gallery to share information and images about the group
- Social Media Feeds for an interactive connection to your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Customizable look to fit your group (e.g., its logo, mission, colors)
- Project management feature to help you track important tasks and their progress
- Calendar/ event registration feature (compatible with Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Wiki feature to upload and share information that can be accessed and adapted by others
- Discussion feature to post and respond to ideas and discussion topics
- Subscription options to be alerted of recent postings
Additional integrated, unique features of the WorkStation include:
- Community Check Box to record, graph, analyze, and report information to different stakeholders (at an optional extra cost)
- Ask an Advisor to respond to and store answers to questions from initiative members
- Online ticket system to request and track technical assistance (under development)
- Survey design and administration (similar to Survey Monkey)
- eNewsletter for disseminating communications (under development)
- Tips and tools for building community capacity (from the Community Tool Box)
- Online curriculum that covers the core competencies of community-building (under development)
Content of the WorkStations can be transparent or secure, depending on your needs. Users log in with usernames and passwords to upload information (such as a document or a calendar entry). Content can easily be designated public or private (with the ability to give access by group or by individual). Additionally, users can easily make automated requests to the administrator for enhanced access.
WorkStation Description Overview (flyer) (PDF)
For more information about how to obtain a customized WorkStation for your initiative, please contact the KU Work Group at (785) 864-0533, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.